First class done! I can already see my biggest challenge is going to be rediscovering my imagination. I think of the way a kid's imagination runs amok without direction and want to recapture that feeling. Give a kid a rock and they'll entertain themselves. When my sister and I were kids we'd pull an extra t-shirt over our head and pretend it was long, flowing hair. At school lunch, I remember folding a milk carton down with the straw inside to make an army tank. These things sound really lame now, but the power of a kid's mind can transform any ordinary object.
Fast forward twenty-five years and I'm living in corporate zombieland. Creative licenses aren't issued there, just marching orders. I've learned to make a cozy home inside the box, and tuck it safely in my comfort zone. Venturing out is going to be scary, but here I go!
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment