Monday, October 12, 2009

We are the....Sick as a Damn Dog.

Well, I'm sick and it sucks. I won't be in class today, which is stressful in itself. Even illness doesn't relieve my anxiety over missing class.

For the exercise, I thought of many things, none of which I had the ability to physically create. But the thing that I thought about the most is the following...

A little background... I turned 30 this year. Thanks to Facebook, I'm in touch with a lot of girls I graduated from high school with, over 10 years ago. Back when I was in school, tanning was just becoming way popular with teenagers. All these years later, some of these girls are still tanning non-stop.

I agree that a tan looks great. But years and years of tanning doesn't wear well. So many of my beautiful friends look aged beyond their years. And how ironic that they would destroy their looks in search of "beauty"! Not to mention the health risks for overexposing themselves to all those UV rays.

Anyhow, I wish there was an easy tool that would show women what kind of damage they are doing. To try to keep it New Media related, maybe a filter in Photoshop could be applied to an image that would accentuate the sun damage. I've seen these types of effects done on TV for illustration but I don't think the average woman has access to it. I was going to try to create something like this myself this weekend but have been in bed. Which is exactly where I am headed back to.

I wish I was going to see what everyone did today but will have to check the blogs instead. Bummer. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment