Saturday, November 21, 2009

Give It Away Day

I know this isn't the most 'sideways' of ideas, but I did think of something that would contribute to the betterment of society. If there was a national holiday where everyone gave something away, cleaned out their closets, made a donation, gave of their time... think of all good that could come of it.

The holiday could be around the holidays, when everyone is giving and buying and in the spirit of sharing. It's at this time when many are in need as well. Possibly a date midway between Thanksgiving and Christmas would work.

This is something that everyone could participate in, individuals, families, businesses, communities. The benefits would be felt on the same scale, from one person to a charitable organization to the entire country overall. Anyhow, I think nothing but good could come from an excuse to help others, so this is my holiday idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment